Friday, May 16, 2008

I'm done

Yay! My 2-week solo is finished! Only one week left until I'm a fully credentialed elementary teacher. Next week will be easy though because I don't have to teach much...Only about an hour each day. Also, it should be fun because I'm going to be observing other grades. I'm excited because I'll be observing another kindergarten and since I've been teaching this grade all semester, it'll be interesting to see how another teacher does it.

So, all in all, I'd say my solo went pretty well. However, there was only one really stressful day and it just happened to be today, my last day. It was not only the hardest day of my solo, but maybe the hardest all semester. The kids were crazy and because I had to stop and manage them so often throughout the day, I didn't finish all of what I had planned for the day. This was also the first time that happened. I felt like I was being so mean to them because they were acting so wild. We have story time each day, but that was one of the things we didn't get to today. One of my students asked, "Ms. Bautista, why didn't we read that book?" I said, "Because we were crazy today and we had to stop too many times so we didn't have enough time." I felt bad about this, but they were driving me crazy!

Anyway, I feel that my teaching career is off to a good start! I'm planning on applying to my school this fall because we have a kindergarten and first grade position opening up. There is also a long-term sub position because a teacher will be going on maternity leave. Wish me luck on getting a job!

1 comment:

Joan said...

Wow! Congrats to you! How exciting. I am sorry your last day was a little bumpy. It reminds me of Andrew, I feel like all I do is get mad at him because he does now listen. I feel better knowing now it is just the age! =)

Best of wishes with the positions, I am sure you will get at least 1.

-Joan

P.S Blog More ! =D