Monday, May 5, 2008

A Good Day

To begin with, what made this day so good was that I found out I passed the RICA!!!! The RICA is this huge test that all new teachers must pass in order to get their credential. I was so scared I wasn't going to pass this test and I really didn't want to take it again for two reasons. A) it's super hard and B) it costs $130! Well, I don't have to worry about it anymore- I passed!!

Next, the other reason it was a good day today is because it was my first official (but I've really been doing all the teaching for over a month now) solo day and it went well. Part of what makes it "official" is that everything I'm teaching now, I actually planned. Before, I was teaching all of my cooperative teacher's lesson plans.

So, today was great. We made pinatas and ate pandulce to celebrate Cinco de Mayo, the kids were well-behaved and my supervisor came in and gave me great feedback. We also acted out The Little Red Hen. Here are some pictures from class today. As you can see, I was dressed up for Cinco de Mayo.




So, I've had a great start to my two weeks of soloing. I have great confidence that the rest of the two weeks will go well. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Dr. Cheesesteak said...

Congrats on starting your new journey! May the gods be with you.