Monday, March 31, 2008

Alicia Keys

Alicia Keys is performing at Arco on May 11th! I want to go so bad! For any of you family members who may be reading this, Alicia Keys tickets would make a great graduation gift! The concert is only 13 days before graduation...Ha ha. J/K! (kinda.)

Anyway, her As I Am album is probably one of my most favorite CDs ever. It's rare for me to find a CD where I actually enjoy listening to every single song, but this is one of them. Some of my favorites on this album are, "No One" and "The Thing About Love". I love the middle of "The Thing About Love" when she sings, "Oh! Tell me that I'm not the only one going through it all. Oh! Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one going through it all, but it's time, oh it's time, for me to shine." Her voice, along with the music that starts in at that point, make the song so powerful. (BTW, sorry, but I'm no music critic, so sorry if my description seems kinda lame.)

Another one of my favorites is, "Tell You Something" (I would link to iTunes, but I don't know how). Listen to it. Love it. "Imagine there was no tomorrow. Imagine that I couldn't see your face...I wanna tell you something, give you something, show you in so many ways." I love it. Reminds me that you should always live in the present and express your feelings while you can.

Anyway, I've decided to include a link to a video of her performing live at the 2007 MTV Video Music Awards because this is when I fell in love with "No One" and her album. Enjoy!

No comments: