Saturday, October 17, 2009

Long Time, No Blog

I always tell myself I'll get better at updating my blog because I really do enjoy writing, but I just can't seem to do it.
First of all, I have a new job. I started my second year of teaching kindergarten back in September. This year's a little different because I'm a "long-term sub". I'm working for someone who is on maternity leave. I started the year with the kids and I'll be there until May. I'm pretty much there the whole year. So far, this year's been great. Things go a lot more smooth the second time around. Another thing that's changed is that I'm teaching AM kindergarten this year. I LOVE IT! I just feel like I have so much more time to prep. The kids are also so much more well behaved earlier in the morning. I have a great group of kids and I feel really lucky to have a job. I doubt there are many second year teachers in our district who have jobs. I'm really lucky and I appreciate the opportunity.

Also this month, my brother, Marco got his much needed lung transplant. His surgery was Monday, October 5th at UCSF and he's already out of the hospital! He did great. He's now able to breathe on his own. He always had oxygen before and found it difficult to near impossible to do the things people take for granted. Part of the recovery process involves living in San Francisco for the next 6-8 weeks and that's where he is now. My mom and sister-in-law have been staying with him in a hotel. We're lucky his surgery went so well and we VERY much appreciate all the positive thoughts and prayers.

Marco's daughter, Alex is now 8 months old and she's beautiful! She keeps us laughing and everyone says they have the perfect baby. This video below is of her watching her Tia Nia play Wii.
So now, I'm just really looking forward to November because that'll be when my brother comes home, my 26th birthday and Thanksgiving. Can't wait!

No comments: